This is the best way to cook salmon. Roasted at high heat, it turns out flaky and tender. The roasted lemon slices carmelize while cooking, and the result is a perfect complement to the flavor of the salmon.
Ready in 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
Macros: Net Carbs 1g, 42g Fat, 27g Protein
- 4 four-ounce pieces of salmon
- ½ cup of olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450℉.
2. Put the asparagus in a bowl and toss with ¼ cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper, and place the asparagus in a single layer on the pan.
4. Rub the salmon with the remaining oil, season with salt and pepper, and place on top of the asparagus.
5. Top each piece of salmon with 2 lemon slices, and put the sheet pan in the oven.
6. Roast until the salmon is cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
7. Plate the salmon (with the roasted lemon slices) and asparagus, and enjoy!