A family favorite. This Taco Bowl recipe calls for either ground beef or ground turkey. If you would like to watch the video demo on how I make these taco bowls and the zucchini boats, click here.
- 1 pound lean Grass Fed Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 4 Cups of lettuce of choice (we prefer Iceberg for this recipe)
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo (*tip, look for fresh Pico in the refrigerator section of your grocery store to save time and limit preservatives)
- 1 can of Black Beans – look for preservative free beans
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 small can black olives
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Brown beef or turkey in skillet, season with salt and black pepper.
- Chop lettuce
- Rinse black beans in strainer.
- Slice Avocado.
- If you prefer your beef and beans to be warm in your bowl, you will need two containers: one for “hot” and one for “cold,” if not, a larger container will work for both. When it is time to enjoy your bowl, simply heat up the “warm” container and follow instructions below. If you prefer cold, entire bowl can be assembled ahead of time.
- Layer 1 cup of lettuce in each bowl.
- Layer 1/4 cup of beef or turkey.
- Layer 1/4 cup of black beans.
- Layer 1/4 avocado in slices.
- Squeeze 1/4 lime over avocado to keep them from turning brown.
- Layer 2 tablespoons of Pico
- Layer 2 tablespoons of black olives
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheese over bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon sour cream as dollop
- 398 calories
- 14g net carbohydrates
- 12g fiber
- 24g fat
- 23g protein
- Macros: 16% net carbs, 59% fat, 25% protein